Coastal Youth Ballet Theatre company members / alumni have gained scholarship opportunities and affiliations to the following:
Harid Conservatory; Walnut Hill School for the Arts; School of Washington Ballet; Wake Forest University; Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis School of the American Ballet Theatre; South Carolina Governor’s School for the Arts and Humanities; National Ballet School of Canada; San Francisco Ballet School; North Carolina School for the Arts; Boston Ballet School; The Juilliard School, New York University; Ellison Ballet; BalletMet.
Here are just some of CYBT’s many achievers:
Alexis Clare Bull
ALEXIS is 15 years old; a Coastal Dance Centre Advanced Ballet student and Coastal Youth Ballet Theatre Senior company member
• 2017 World Ballet Competition, 3rd Place – Pre-Professional Category, Orlando, Florida2017 Youth America Grand Prix 3rd Place
• Winner, Contemporary Category, Tampa, Florida 2017 Regional Competition
• 2016 Youth America Top 12 Finalist, Tampa Regional Competition
• 2016-2017 Dizzy Feet Foundation Scholar
• 2017-2018 Coastal Dance Centre Scholar
Ephraim is 14 years old; a Coastal Dance Centre Advanced Ballet student and Coastal Youth Ballet Theatre Senior Company member
• 2015 Valentina Koslova International Ballet Competition, New Orleans, Louisiana
Regional – 3rd Place Winner, Junior Division
• Coastal Dance Centre & Coastal Youth Ballet Theatre Scholar
- Proudly a Coastal Dance Centre and Coastal Youth Ballet Theatre alumnus and just recently graduated at The Juilliard School, New York City, Class of 2017
- Youth America Grand Prix Finalist
- Attended the South Carolina School for the Arts and Humanities for two years of high school
- Charlotte Ballet Company Member this 2017-2018 Season. Here is his bio:From Myrtle Beach, SC, Anson began dancing at the age of 5. In 2008, he enrolled at Coastal Dance Centre where he studied with Liza Mata. At 14, he was accepted to South Carolina Governor’s School for the Arts and Humanities, a residential arts school in Greenville, SC, where he began training under Stanislav Issaev. In the spring of 2017, he received his BFA from The Juilliard School in New York City, where he had the opportunity to work with distinguished faculty and perform works by Richard Alston, Merce Cunningham, José Limón, Paul Taylor, Matthew Neenan, Zvi Gotheiner, Loni Landon and Takehiro Ueyama. While at Juilliard, Anson performed at The Guggenheim Museum as part of Works and Process, as well as received additional training at Springboard Danse Montréal and Merce Cunningham Trust workshops.
Eldest of three dancing brothers, Brock started dancing at the age of 12 years. He was a Coastal Dance Centre student and Coastal Youth Ballet Theatre company member He is currently a Ballet Met 2 Company Member. Below is his bio as it appears on the Ballet Met website:
BalletMet 2 dancer since: 2016
Hometown: Myrtle Beach, S.C.
Favorite movie: The Star Wars series
Favorite quote: “I, like God, do not play with dice, or believe in coincidence.”–V for Vendetta
Originally from Myrtle Beach, S.C., Brock Fowler received his training at the Coastal Dance Centre under Liza Mata, followed by the South Carolina Governor’s School for the Arts and Humanities, where he studied under Thomas Shoemaker, Miriam Mesa-Pelly, Josee Garant, Irina Ushakova and Tracy Vogt. He’s enjoyed working with choreographers as Thomas Shoemaker, Jennifer Archibald and Josee Garant and received a National Honor Society for Dance Arts award.
• Lexi was a Coastal Dance Centre student and Coastal Youth Ballet Theatre company member
• Youth America Grand Prix Solo and Ensemble Competitor
• Now a Los Angeles-based film and television actress,
• She is known for her work on “All Hallows Eve” (2016), “Honeymoon from Hell” (2016), “Accidentally Engaged” (2016)
• She played the role of ‘Roxie’ in the musical production of “Chicago”
• She graduated with a Business Degree from Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, California, Class of 2015
• New York University 2015 Graduate (On full scholarship throughout college); Double Major in Dance and Communication with High Honors
• Walnut Hill School for the Arts in Natick, Massachusetts (On full scholarship throughout high school) and was Class President, Junior and Senior Year
• 2007 Youth America Grand Prix International Finals in New York City, 3rd Place Winner, Junior Division
• Youth America Grand Prix, Classical and Contemporary 1st Place Winner – 2006 Chicago Regional Competition and 2007 Greenville Regional Competition
• Currently working in the US Congress in Washington D.C.
• Wake Forest University Graduate, 4-Year Presidential Scholarship Awardee, Major in Communications, Minor in Dance
• 2006 and 2007 Youth America Grand Prix, Top 12 Contemporary Category, Senior Division
• Miss Myrtle Beach High School 2007